Legal Counsel Second Interviews
· Acts as the Chief Legal Officer for the company, setting policy, guidelines and overseeing compliance with all competition, anti -bribery and corruption laws within the company.
· Provides legal services by handling and advising on commercial contracts which include agency, cane supply, construction, financing agreements and leases, and advising on legislative changes.
· Performs the Company Secretarial function for the Group.
· Provides timely, accurate and quality legal advice and other legal services to all subsidiaries and operations for the organization.
· Proactively identifies and manages business legal risks.
· Ensures the advocacy team has access to legal resources required during interface with media, regulators and Government.
· Responds to queries from internal and external auditors.
· Prepares budgets and controls expenditure in own area of operation.
1. A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree. A Master of Laws Degree (LLM) and other commercial post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
2. An admitted Attorney and Notary Public with over 10 years as a commercial lawyer with some litigation experience.
3. A broad business and financial acumen coupled with a good working knowledge of competition, anti-bribery and corruption compliance requirements
4. Knowledge and understanding of corporate governance issues.
5. Good communication, negotiation, dispute management and report writing skills.
6. Good leadership and people management skills.