Quality Assurance Manager Inviting Applications
To raise the quality standard of the Group to world class level by implementing quality systems and audits to achieve the desired standards.
• Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures (SOPs), standards and specifications for the farming & distribution operations.
• Assessing and monitoring the performance of the farming & distribution operations to ensure that the agreed quality standards are met.
• Specifying the quality of raw materials to be used as inputs at the farms.
• Investigating and setting standards for quality, health and safety for the farms.
• Determining the training needs that will enable the farming and distribution operations meet the agreed quality standards.
• Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality management.
• Formulate systems for quality audits.
• Carry out internal audits on the quality management systems.
• Work closely with the farm assurers to arrange, co-ordinate and participate in the external quality audits.
• Review and report the principle causes of quality loss, non-conformance and make recommendations on how to improve.
• Work closely with consultants and farm assurers to implement PIP, CIP and Global Gap.
• Work together with the statistician to record, analyse and distribute statistical information on quality management performance.
1. A strong First University Degree or First-Class Diploma in Agriculture with relevant experience.
2. A relevant qualification in business is an added advantage.
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience in Horticulture or other fruit related industries
4. Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point plus experience with Sage Evolution.