Group Accountant Shortlisting
Skills financial accounting and reporting association of chartered certified accountants (acca) member sap accounting ● variance analysis ● accounts reconciliation ● management accounting ● stakeholder management ● performance measurement ● double entry accounting ● advanced excel functions ●data analysis ● budgetary control ● bookkeeping ● risk management ● decision making CIMA
· Responsible for the book-keeping and accounting for the Company
· Ensure that all transactions are properly classified and recorded in the general ledger timeously
· Produce accurate monthly trial balances timely according to Company reporting deadlines.
· Prepare management accounts according to the Company internal reporting requirements.
· Maintain an asset register for the company and ensuring it reconciles with the accounting records.
· Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations.
· Preparation of banking summaries.
· Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
· Ensure that all transactions are supported by adequate and appropriate supporting documentation.
· Perform monthly creditors and debtors reconciliations
· Maintain custody of the company’s cash prior to banking.
· Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts.
· Prepare payments vouchers for review by the Finance Director
· Maintain a journal book or journal file for the company and ensuring all journals are approved by Finance Director.
· Maintain a schedule of related party or inter-company transactions.
· Perform inter-company balances reconciliations.
· Administering property transfers on all Property Development Projects.
1. Accounting degree and a Professional Qualification ACCA, CIMA or studying towards Final stages of ICAZ
2. Chartered Accountants are encouraged to apply.
3. 3-5 years as an Accountant, Previous experience as a Group Accountant is a plus.
4. Experience in construction industry or professional practice.
5. Knowledge of inventory systems.
6. Extensive book keeping experience
7. Knowledge and experience in tax and administration of various tax heads.