Risk Manager Inviting Applications
· Understand the strategic direction of the business and develop risk and compliance strategies in support of the business mandate and implement accordingly.
· Assist the Managing Director in the formulation of long and short-term strategy plans in line with the broad company objectives. The incumbent then presents these to relevant stakeholders for ratification and adoption.
· Develop, review and maintain a comprehensive enterprise wide risk management and compliance framework.
· Develop, review and maintain a comprehensive enterprise wide risk management and compliance policies and procedures.
· Review the financial status/ performance of the organisation and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Document the strategy into a Risk Policy with procedures and ensure approval by the Board.
· The Head Risk will provide the operational managers with the tools to facilitate the full implementation of the policy including the integration of Quality Assurance issues
· Oversee the formulation and compilation of departmental budget in liaison with the finance department for adequate planning and ensure approval by Managing Director
· Understand the various company stakeholders and their respective needs so as to meet their requisite needs.
· Develop, maintain and review internal controls management framework encompassing all units in the organisation.
· Develop, review and maintain a comprehensive compliance management framework encompassing all operations.
· Assure and protect the business income and assets from losses, thefts and frauds or other misappropriations through the conducting of pro-active and preventive risk checks.
· Prepare and present risk management and compliance report to the Managing Director and to management
1. Degree in Risk Management / Business studies/ Banking and Finance or equivalent
2. Corporate membership of a professional body
3. At least 7-10 years relevant banking experience